June 23 & 24 | 10am-3pm
Round Hill Studio
Annapolis Royal, NS (902) 955-0365
Facilitator: Pat Lohrenz/Artist
A two day workshop for new and experienced artists with multi-media artist Pat Lohrenz. Over the two day period, we will learn about different pouring techniques and how to use tools, and mediums to create exciting and loose paintings including clean and dirty pours, scraping, layering and collage. We will use fluid acrylic paint mixtures, mediums and collage materials to create movement and texture. Day one will focus on pouring demonstrations and techniques to create paintings for day two when we will focus on layering, discovery and defining.
Paint Pouring AND MORE Workshop
Materials List (to be provided by the participant):
- Wear old painting clothes
- Latex or other type disposable gloves
- Paper towel rolls
- Plastic containers for water
- Spray bottle for water
- Old or cheap brushes and scrapers. Don’t bring good quality brushes
- Any fluid or soft body acrylics paints and/or mediums you have at home. Paint mixtures and mediums will be available at the workshop.
- 6 canvas boards or stretched canvases (smaller sizes). Prime the canvas with gesso and/or any primary paint colour.